2022 Scholarship Information and Application
In support of higher education, the Northern Columbus Kiwanis Club will again award scholarships of $1000.00 each to qualifying members of the current high school graduating class. Students who will be attending a four-year or two-year college or university beginning in the summer or fall of 2022, will be considered for a scholarship. Students who satisfy either one of the following criteria are eligible to submit a scholarship application:
- You attend one of the following high schools: Whetstone, Thomas Worthington, Worthington Christian, Watterson, or Linworth Alternative, OR,
- You attend a high school different from those listed above but your legal residence is in the Northern Columbus Kiwanis Club service area which has the following boundaries: Interstate 270 on the North; Olentangy River on the West; Norfolk Southern/CSX railroad tracks on the East; Arcadia Ave. on the South.
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis Scholarship (grades/class standing), Financial need (FAFSA), Activities, Leadership and Service. All applicants will be considered equally regardless of race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Please note the following important dates:
- April 1, 2022………….Deadline for submitting all documents.
- April 24, 2022…………Scholarship recipients will be notified.
In addition to the scholarship application the following documents must also be submitted:
- Transcript of Grades, including class rank and grade point average. The transcript MUST be completed through the junior year and officially verified by the High School Guidance Office. Please instruct your High School Guidance Office to email your grade transcript to NorthernKiwanisScholarship@gmail.com, with your name on the subject line.
- Two Letters of Recommendation completed by a school counselor or advisor, principal, teacher, or community contact. Please inform the persons submitting Letters of Recommendation on your behalf to complete and submit the forms online.
If you are a student please complete and submit the NORTHERN COLUMBUS KIWANIS SCHOLARSHIP application below.
If you have any questions feel free to CONTACT US or call Sam Kiner, Scholarship Committee Chairman at 614-561-6194.
PLEASE NOTE: If you click the “Save and Continue Later” option at the bottom of the application, your link to return to the form at a later time will appear below.